Friday, December 08, 2006

Third Times a Charm!

So here we go - off to see Santa and what a relief - it is the first year that I didn't have to accompany Brooke onto the big ol' jolly guy's lap!! So three years it took to get rid of the tears and fears that apparently have stricken her in prior years. Don't get me wrong she wasn't running with joy to get to him by any means - but she did take keen notice of all the boys and girls that went before her and looked at me and said "mom I think I can do it!" Bless her heart! So she let Brady go first (haha what a thoughtful sista.... or perhaps a frighten one) but when she saw Brady up there she joined him immediately....Also take note she opted for the seat on the couch instead straight up on his lap! Baby steps...... Santa was real nice and Brooke proceeded to tell him that she wanted dentist tools which got a chuckle from the bowl full of jelly! Santa proclaimed it was the first request for it but he will see what he can do! And who couldn't enjoy a trip to Santa when they get a free present from him! So I think it is starting to sink in as she says to me in the car on the way home "mom I should take a nap today because Santa will be watching" oh I will be soo sad when December 26th is here and we have no more bargaining tools..... Doesn't the Easter bunny bribe with good behavior????

No comments: