Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Sunshine State

Chris and I hopped on the lucky train and got an oppportunity to visit California last week. He had a work show to attend in Palm Springs so we revisited LA and soaked up some viatimin D. It was the same trip we took two years ago, but honestly there is so much to do in that area that we still had a blast and got to do some new things!




One of the highlights for me was going to see a taping of Chelsea Lately. I DVR her show every night and think pretty highly of her crass ways. We got to tape a show, say hi to her, she signed my book and my right bare shoulder actually got some air time on tv (we were in the third row) :) Unfortunately there was a strict no camera rule so you will have to just take my word for it! Her guest was Dax Shepard so we were also able to have him under our celebrity siting list too.

We were able to visit the coliseum where the olympics were held.


This was our beautiful resort out in the desert. I went for a run at 7:30 one morning and it was already 102 degrees......yikes!


Luckily to beat the heat the resort has 41, yup 41 pools to relax by!


We layed, read, and didn't move much for the heat was melt worthy.


Back in LA the temperature was pleaseant, funny what a two hour drive will do....We headed out on the Sunset Strip one night.


This was the pool at our LA hotel.....

We took a Warner Brothers tour, which was really interesting
We visited the set of Friends.......
I made Chris sing "smelly cat.....smelly cat....what are they feeding you"


We saw the real live Batmobile...not such a highlight for me but Brady couldn't believe it.



This was a repeat visit but I tell you what I will never pass an opportunity to visit Venice Beach on the weekend. It is the Creme de la Creme of people watching.

Like this man with one tooth on muscle beach with inappropriate clothing and body for his age.

Oh how I wish this was video and not a still photo this was a Spidey man having it out with a homeless man on the bench and the conversation went like this.....

Spidey: I am going to $%^& you up......
Homeless man: I want to see you try......
Spidey: Get your big $*&($% up and I will whoop you.....
So nice for Spidey to show up for the kids......(check out the clenched fists)

In yet another spidey (yep not the same one) siting he had his mask off taking a smoke break.....Is Marvel is still approving smoke breaks??? They need to hire Brady a respectable man really ready to fight crime.


It was beautiful out we watched surfers........

We were cheesy......

We of course had to visit Genes Simmon's house (or rather gate)

We painted the town.....I mean the guitar.....

Chris stalked and interupted the guys from "That Metal Show" at the Rainbow Room.....

I took some time out to meet Jesus.......

and randomly so did Gene Simmons.

So Cheers to Chris and Cherie's free Hall Pass.....It was a great escape......and also cheers to our BELOVED sitters we couldn't do it with out you!

No comments: