Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow much fun!

Finally.
The snow is finally coming.........I am that person who is wishing for....wanting.....giddy when it happens...snow. Most people cringe and complain, but I say the more the merrier. (perhaps it is because I only have a six mile commute) I mean it is a dismal, cold, and long winter no matter which way you spin it, so why not have it snow so you can play! Play. We have been trying even despite its lack luster snowfall early over the holiday.... It started out over Christmas we had this fantabulous idea to build our own ice skating rink.......Chris shoveled, he built......it melted. We are attempting round two at it now that it is finally cold enough and are realizing it might take the Atlantic ocean to fill this so called rink......Chris may have bit off more than he can chew, but we will keep trying.....it might be a bumpy skate......but we will make it happen.
So until the Munson rink opens we have to make due at the baseball field! Brooke is becoming Chris' little ice companion......I think she is vying to stay up late to go to his hockey games :)


Brooke and I had a chance to go up to Caberfae on Xmas break and spend a day skiing.....she is getting there.....pizza slice.....pizza slice.....pizza slice.

Not to say that there weren't many falls and collisions......no fault to the girls this one was the grown ups fault.......
Riding the lift. Still have white knuckles.
Chris attempted snowboarding on Jake's board.......
Sledding with Cousins.
Uncle Tom giving an extra nudge!

Dad and Bugs ready for launch....
The need for speed.
Even I gave snowboarding a whirl......

As you can see..........

It didn't go well.........

So I think I am all set with the board........I'm old school I need skis, I need my legs to move independently of each other, I need skis, which I am looking forward to have strapped to both my feet this weekend as we head up north to Ski for the weekend. So as I look outside as the snow falls and they are predicting blizzard like conditions for Saturday.....I can't help but smile........
Winter. It's long. It's cold....but it is
SNOW MUCH FUN!

No comments: