Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fall Follow up.....

As we had our first snow fall last night it got me thinking where the heck did Fall go? We had great weather and were incredibly busy this Fall so I thought I would go back and recapture what we did for this Fall as winter is breathing down our necks....

Chris took me to my first professional football game this season, it was a great game and I actually really enjoyed it, so thanks to what ever friend/brother/dad took the fall and let me go instead! I am not going to lie, after watching a full length game on the couch last weekend, I may be becoming a full fledged football fan, not necessarily a Lions fan, but a football fan......after parking my rear on a couch for 3+ hours it finally dawned on me why the male species latches onto football so much.....I mean 3+ hours on the couch instead of grocery shopping, cleaning, planning etc.....I can get used to this.....grab me my foam finger - I AM ALL IN!!! 



Brooke continued to play soccer, its the one thing she has latched onto and really enjoys. She was named team captain this year because of her effort and leadership skills (insert "telling people what they should do") The team didn't hold the best record but they are a great bunch of girls who had fun together.
Brooke also latched onto playing goalie this year, which was nerve racking for her parents on the sidelines.....


We are much more at ease watching her take it down to the other goal with her feet!
Brooke is also continuing to do girl scouts and recently started Odyssey of the Mind, which will keep her busy until March!


Brady continues to do swim lessons - he is FINALLY making improvement at this new school he goes to and gaining some confidence. I think he has it on his belly, but still a bit unsure on his back....So we will continue until he doesn't sink. Brady bugs also skipped soccer this year and chose to do Karate again. He is testing for his green belt next week!

Fall Pig roasts......seriously the amount of tinfoil left from her birthday party is ridiculous and it is never ending entertainment....
Randomly coming home to view this out our back door......I don't get it .....not one bit.......
It's not ours but a neighbor who caught it and was also hosting an open house to sell their home that same day.....so of course looking for a place to hide it.....Lucky us....
Chris continues to be on the concert circuit.....him and a friend recently went to go see Buddy Guy.

Had some time with the kids favorite out of town friends.....
Took them to art prize ....this hanging dragon was one of my favorites....its all buttons hanging from wire to form a dragon....pretty cool......but of course not the best picture.
Wonder Twin power.....Syd and Brooke.
We also have the ice rink up (notice in the background) as these three wonders keep the neighborhood safe.....now lets pray for some cold weather!!
And with the change of seasons comes sickness we had a man down last weekend with a stomach bug....wasn't that flu mist supposed to be avoiding this?? I hope that is the end of it.....
I think that about wraps up our fall.....

No comments: