Thursday, May 09, 2013

Reminders......

As if we need them, but I laugh to myself sometimes how much I am reminded that I am in fact a parent and these two little munchkins rule the roost! For example.....
 
 
Sometimes I try to enjoy a hot shower and pretend I am in some luxurious spa until I remember I have both this creepy alien guy as well as some mildew starting back at me.
Sometimes kid projects or random decorations will stay put for 6 months at a time because you don't even notice them anymore or want to think about cleaning them up.
Sometimes life becomes a balancing act......little sleep and not enough time to exercise results in this as my lunch.
The fact that we load, unload, and wash a load EVERY SINGLE day. You think we were a full staffed kitchen....
The fact that the sink more often than not, is coated in a blue minty substance, and usually gets taken care of when we no longer see any white.
I NEVER leave the house without 5-7 bags in tow....
The sink right now is definitely dictating the sports season......water bottles galore.
Sometimes when your little guy goes to bed in regular pajamas he ends up asleep in this when you go check on him prior to hitting the pillow yourself.
Sometimes I look at my "George Costanza" planner and think this is the only way I can keep my three kids school, social, sports, work, schedules and paperwork organized. To all you I phone calendars laughing at this right now.....go ahead, but I ain't fixing what ain't broke! Even though the width of the thing is alarming at times.
There also may be times when i am running around the house to find my tank top "insert" only to find it is already being occupied as a yarmulke, during reading time.

I am sure these reminders will change over time and become different in form, however at this moment they are what I am finding myself noticing in the life of a parent.

No comments: