Monday, January 08, 2007

Independence day!

Let's all do a victory dance - for our lil Brady is 6 months old today! And no thats not a scoop neckline my son has on :) Brady and mom have both reached some important milestones that will give both of us some welcomed independence. I have hung up my nursing hat for good and sold my pump on craigs list without haste! Brady on the other hand isn't so hasty.... He still doesn't roll over the lil' wad of chunk just can't seem to make it all the way over! (its funny how different Brooke and Brady may be - Brooke was already sitting up by now.) Someday he will be strong enough to whip that heavy melon over. However, he has found his voice and gives shout outs and sings often, he loves to hold and play with toys. He started eating cereal and didn't flinch - actually gets mad when it ends (just like mom and dad when we see the last piece of pizza get eaten!) He continues to develop into a darker version of Brooke everyday - sorta creepy. He started daycare two days a week and is managing just fine. Brooke has stepped up to the plate and gone into "protective" "know it all" mode at daycare - instructing everyone including the providers on how to handle her lil' Bro.... We actually got a forecast of what is yet to come for this lil' boy as Brooke tells us at dinner.... "Mom when Brady is older he is going to take toys away from me and not share" "Then I can tell him that he isn't being nice and tell him to go to his room" - What 3 year old is already envisioning fights she is to have with her brother? Ridiculous! Anyway I can't believe this lil nugger has been with us 6 months already but indeed the saying holds true "Boy does time fly!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable....downright adorable!! Am guessing you already knew how fast the time goes with kids but, being a first time Mom, I had NO idea. I am still surprised and sad that my baby turned 1 this past Sunday :(

Sarah said...

Yeah for Brady...so damn cute!