Saturday, January 27, 2007

Paging Dr. McToddler......

I knew it would happen but I didn't think it would happen this soon....You know that moment where you go is my kid smarter than me???......In my head I envisioned it happening when they are in high school - when teenagers "think" they know everything (I sure did :) ) So Brooke and I are talking and she starts "Mom do you know these are your lungs (as she taps on her chest) "Wow Brooke, that's great, did you learn that at school today?" "Yeah we are doing hiccups this week" " Mom did you also know that there is a lil' muscle under your lungs called a "phrem" (diaphram) and if a lot of air gets in there it snaps and then you hiccup" So I am thinking why at 34 years of age I didn't know how a hiccup really happened until my 3 year old explained it? Secretly a lil embarrassed I had to confirm it with the Mayo clinic online and sure enough the story is accurate (haha!)......I am sure this is only the first of many dumb mom moments......I already told Chris he is in charge of all english and geography homework questions....I will handle math and science - So it just proves as much as you try and teach your kids - they will also be teaching you!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And Brookie just taught ME what a hiccup is as well!