Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've got my eye on you Devin K........

So with Valentines day fresh in our memories. There has been a lot of talk of hearts, love and marriage at the Munson household. Brooke has been cracking us up lately with her "love" talk. She came home from school one day explaining in an annoyed voice "Mom, Devin K. tells me that he loves me and wants to marry me every day....good greif" I say well that's nice. She replies in a now whinny 4 year old frusterated voice "But, mom I just don't know who to fall in love with!" (like this was seriously stressing her out and couldn't continue with life until she figured it out) I told her she wasn't the only one thinking that and that she had plenty of time to decide. oh vey!
Fast forward a few days later we hop in the car and she proceeds to tell Chris and I that Devin K. told her that he changed his mind and doesn't want to marry her and that he is choosing Maddy now. Insert defensive mom mode - I am all like who is this Devin K person and why isn't my little Brookie good enough for you now and who is this Maddy chick - then I snap back to reality and realize that I am talking with my FOUR year old and giggle at my instinctual reaction. So instead I just say "Don't worry Brooke, you'll find someone that is perfect for you one day!" She continues to press on - apparently this Devin K. struck a cord..."But mom, why do boys have to change their minds so much?" "Hmmm great question Brooke, why don't you ask your father" (insert sly smirk and glare towards Chris)haha! We concluded that unfortunately boys will do things that we may never understand so get used to it sista'!

On the other hand Brady spent his valentines day inserting his chompers into his friend Sabrina's arm for apparently getting too close to his Crayola's. Like I said Brooke..... Boys will do stuff that we will just never understand.

Now can we please move on to Easter where our main concern will be hiding from a stuffed human (because my kids hate the stuffed humans).I am hoping Easter won't initiate more life long LOVE lessons, but instead just the battle of who got more candy in their little fake plastic eggs! :)

No comments: