Monday, August 11, 2008

Memorable convos with the BROOKIE....



B: "Hey mom why are the Olympics in China?"
M: "Well they pick a new country and city every two years for the Olympics"
B: "So they will probably have it in Ada next year?"
(internal thought - we can't even get a decent Mexican restaurant here.....I am sure they could throw a few billion for building the Olympics around the sweet Grand River!)

a little background on this one - Brooke is becoming very attached to this boy Clayton at school - he is a sweet boy and they have a great time - I picked her up today and he ran to give her a long embrace and a weed that he picked at recess......he then asked if he could come over and play......too cute..... So there has been a lot of talk about this Clayton character......

M: "How was school today?"
B: "Great, except for Clayton and I had a sad day....?"
M: "Oh no what happened"
B: "I don't want to talk about it today, maybe tomorrow"
few days later......
B: "You know what the problem with Clayton was?"
M: "No what happened"
B: "Well Devin wants to play with me, but Clayton wants to play with me too....."
M: "Wow that's nice, so did you all play together?"
B: "No, because Devin didn't want to play with Clayton....and then Clayton and I were just sad the rest of the day...."
M: "Well maybe tomorrow you can figure out a way to get everyone to play together"
B: "Mom you just gave me a great idea...... (and this I kid you not.....) But our lives are really really hard right now"
(oh I feel your pain......I wish my biggest concern of the day was who the heck am I gonna play with!)

No comments: