Thursday, December 18, 2008

1,888 days.....

This is how many days we have gone without hiring a babysitter.
This either means:
#1 We have an incredibly lame social life
#2 We have no hobbies or interest
or
#3 We have incredible Grandparents and friends who are always making a way to be available!

Not that we are socialites by any means, but we have been very fortunate that the reason is #3! I am always blown away at how eager and willing the grandparents are to take them at a moments notice. Even the ones that live far away - they love the time they spend with you guys! I hear about it all the time. There are definitely things that they associate with all of you guys. For example I hear "oh were going to ______, we must be having this for dinner, or I can't wait to play with ________there. ect. ect...... So I guess this isn't a woe about hiring a babysitter, it's more of an ode to the family and friends that have been so kind to watch our kids! Thank you. We will be hiring a babysitter this weekend (And trust me I didn't step too far out of the box) it is their teacher from school! :) So do you think she will be offended when I pay her with hugs? That's what everyone does right???

Well no such luck - Christmas party was cancelled due to a crazy snow storm - so our no babysitter trend continues - well at least until this is rescheduled!

No comments: