Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Flakes O' Fun!!!

Well we had our first Big snowfall of the season this past weekend and I am seriously all for it....Bring it on! I am sure I will regret those words when February comes......but for now I love it, it just seems to make the season more enjoyable and gets ya in the mood. We ventured out and took the kids sledding, ignoring that it was a complete snow storm. I thought this would be a five minute adventure as Brady did a face plant in the snow 3 seconds after we got out of the car.... I thought here we go he will be freezing in one minute - but these kids don't care. It's like they have no internal thermometer....They lasted much longer than anticipated but to be honest I can't tell you who had more fun the kids or the moms and dads - sometimes you forget how fun sledding can be......I just remember looking at my friend and going - "why are they so tired and ready to go.... I don't want to leave" and was perplexed as we watched all the other adults standing at the top of the hill freezing their buns off not "joining in the reindeer games"..........

Saddling up.....

Dad and Brady Bugs

I don't know if Brady was seriously so happy or secretly squeezing his eyes shut and wishing to be on some tropical island

Brady and big Lew maxing out warp speed.....
Umm yeah so Brady who I thought I would have to carry up every time - surprised us all as he proclaimed "me climb" and walked up the hill every time! Meanwhile the princess pooped out after about an hour.........
Away we go.......
Brooke and her sledding partner in crime Addison...
And perhaps all the fun that is had on the hill out weighs the disaster of what is to be cleaned up after your sweaty red faced kids are sipping on some hot chocolate and talking about how much they love snow!

No comments: