Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Reminder.....

I am not a fan of the self promoting blog entry, in fact I loathe it. I try to keep it about the kids, but they are unfortunately not the first thing on my mind tonight for once~ I am about to run in a race this weekend that is the biggest thing I have attempted and I just want to write myself a reminder that it is the most unnatural thing that I am making my body do and for some slight chance I make it across that finish line and enjoy doing so, I want to be able to read this and remember why I should never attempt it again~

1. It has CONSUMED my life for the last five months.
2. It has allowed me to gain five lbs (don't ask me how that is possible - sure it's muscle - or perhaps the 8 meals a day I eat!)
3. I have been in physical therapy every day for the past two weeks, with the same man that gives me a paycheck giving me a deep leg tissue massage, just seems wrong and creepy.
4. I have experienced running through pain and it is seriously the worst possible situation you can think of.
5. I have spent the last 7 Saturdays running for more than 2-3 hours, mostly in not pleasant weather conditions.
6. I have had Ice and electronic stim on my IT band for the last 3 weeks.
7. I am straight up taking steroids to ease the inflammation.
8. I have actually hitchhiked the last 1/2 mile of my 20 mile training run, in a pick up truck with a man holding an exacto knife and could have cared less about the situation I just stepped into.
9. I have sat in freezing cold ice baths with Brady thinking it is a total party whipping ice cubes at me.
10. I have downed protein shakes while holding my nose (they are gross no matter which way you cut it) in order to stop shivering and shaking after a long run.
11. I have eaten more carbs than even this pasta lover can handle.
12. I have not been able to hold a conversation with my husband or stay awake past 9pm on any given Saturday.
13. I have experienced the damage running can do to your digestive system and spent many a moments running for the basin.....

So my dear old, abused body if you find it in your heart to allow me to cross that finish line without crippling myself I promise you I will hang up the shoes and shower you with yoga classes until I am gumby.

So as I read this you ask why? I am not sure..... I guess its for the sheer fact of setting a goal around something I never imagined I would be able to do.......I guess I am a gluten for punishment.......

No comments: