Monday, August 10, 2009

Bad News Bears

Brooke wrapped up her first season of T-Ball and she represented the only female on the entire team and proudly I have to admit she never cared or thought it mattered. I also think her coaches enjoyed having her on the team, somehow she was one of the few that would listen to them, the boys let's just say were somewhat "distracted" running around aimlessly, dumping dirt in each others helmets, sitting down on the bases - you get the picture. I wasn't sure it was a age thing or a male/female thing....but as I glanced over at my own son and saw him in his own little world talking to a leaf I would bet on the latter. At any rate she enjoyed it and it was fun for her to "do what daddy does"! So in a recent game she goes up to bat and looks over at Chris and says "Dad if I hit it to the outfield I get ice cream" Well sure enough out goes the ball into the grassy pasture and you would have thought this chick won the lotto as she was running to first base- grinning ear to ear! Who does this Babe Ruth think she is calling her shot? Well it happened two more times and we have made good on one of the three scoops we apparently "owe" her.
Here are a few pix of the Major leaguer......

Taking a crack at it....

Well duh.....what 5 year old doesn't need her own trading cards (g-parents yours will be in the mail soon!)

Look who wore her game face today....

Case in point, and nothing against this sweet little boy whose parents apparently want to put the curse of the cubs in his future, but again fielding the ball or "hey there are rocks down here!" It was amusing to watch!

This was the at bat when she called her shot - I mean there was ice cream at stake I would be gritting my teeth too!


And this my friends was the face of a little girl sitting at first base knowing Dad owed her a cone!

No comments: