Saturday, February 06, 2010

Crabby Munson

And no I don't mean any one of our family members on any given day......I mean our "pet", of sorts. I feel like I have never introduced him formally because honestly I forget about him sometimes. He is low maintenance (part of the purchase appeal)...until last week when we "lost" poor crabby..... We often (meaning the kids) take him out and let him get some exercise in the kitchen or family room. Well the other night I saw that he wasn't in his cage and asked "Ummmmm where is Sandy Claws?" (his birth name but he prefers "Crabby"). Brooke seemed to get wide eyes and a bit of panic when I asked so we knew who to drill with the rest of the questions.....well apparently she took him out while she was eating breakfast and here it was 7:30 P.M. She said she had him on the counter so now I am envisioning a cracked shell and a random crab in the bottom of my sheets. We went on a man hunt and finally found him under a table in the family room no scratches no bruises just a crab in a shell trying to make it's way back to Florida. So Crabby I hope you enjoyed your Ferris Bueler's Day off but let's not try anything funny Mom doesn't need a surprise crawling across her face in the middle of the night. Is this why people get dogs? Here we didn't think he would make it a week after we brought him home from Florida in September and low and behold he is withstanding the 65 degree heat his dad lays upon him and the two days of sunshine he gets to enjoy this season. Happy Belated welcome to the family Crabby!
Not the cutest pet in the world but the kids love to show him off and give him baths.....He comes out when he is placed in water.

It ain't the shores of the Gulf .......Welcome to the Midwest :)

No comments: