Tuesday, September 07, 2010

First day.....First Grade.....

"It was AWESOME and my teacher is GREAT!" were the words that were SCREAMED to me as she came running across the street to greet me when I got home from work.... so the first day came and went like business as usual. Ironically enough this morning we had MORE time to ease into the day than we normally did when she went to daycare prior to her half day.....so actually I don' t think the transition will be bad she was dressed, ate breakfast, teeth brushed, complained about her shoes only 4 times (that's good folks!) with 20 minutes to spare.....and then I heard this for the next 20 minutes....... "can we go now......I think we should leave now......is it time to go yet.......I think school is already starting......... So here are a few pix of Brooke and her first day........

Her Locker......
wasting time before we left.....
Strike a pose...
Her new back pack in tow....
As we lingered  she quickly asked us to leave because the teacher told her to start drawing........what a stickler for the rules- Gheez!
Annual Apple Photo.....
I swear she does these poses on her own........haha.
Her new desk....this was her favorite part.......she said she opened and closed it about 100 times.....


So at dinner I tried to recap the kids first days......Brooke talked for the entire meal, describing every inch of every detail of her day, and when I asked Brady what he did on his first day of his new class he said "I forgot" and that was it........opposite ends of the spectrum.........

No comments: