Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday.

It is my favorite day, for many reasons:

#1 I don’t work on Fridays. It allows me to have a three day weekend EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND and I am grateful beyond words for that!

#2 It is the one day where it is an open slate with me and the kids. We could choose to add 101 activities to the day or stay in our pajamas until noon if we wanted to (which we do quite often)

#3 It gives me a chance to catch up, with my kids, friends, and with all the other things that were put off all week long.

Today however is bitter sweet. It is my last Friday with my Brookie. She has been half days for the last two years so I still got my morning with her. However, she is a big chick on campus this year and will be going full days for 1st grade. So as much as I dislike leaving my boyfriend behind it was a necessary evil to spend the day with my girl. We went school supply shopping, out to breakfast and lunch, picked out bedding and paint for her new room (her requested b-day present) we laughed, we joked, we watched a movie and just enjoyed each other’s one on one company! So Brooke I will miss you on our special day and look forward to June 10, 2011 where we will be reunited and have our Friday back.



One silver lining in this scenario is that for the school year I get all day every Friday with this chunk of goodness and I secretly can’t wait for that either!



No comments: