Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Sweetheart Swirl - 2011

Brooke and Dad attended their second annual Daddy Daughter Dance this past weekend and had a great time. She loves the process of getting dressed up, dancing and hanging out with friends from school and the neighborhood, and of course the ice cream (her self proclaimed favorite part!). Hopefully she will retain this as a fond memory of her childhood and of her Dad!


Now I will have to admit that I felt a little like a mom from that show Toddlers and Tiaras as I took Brooke, a seven year old, to go get her hair done. But I got word that a neighbor friend of hers who is two years older actually wasn't going to the dance this year because it wasn't "cool" anymore....... It made me sad and I wanted to soak up every ounce of her excitement about hanging out with her dad and have all the fixings to boot. When I told her what we were going to do she was a toothless grin from ear to ear.....All I told her is that we were going to go get her hair done fancy at a salon and this was her response......"OMG mom okay I think I should get highlights, and some streaks of black and then curls and then sparkly barrettes" I told her it wouldn't be that elaborate and the only person in this house getting highlights would be me! She was great, sat in the chair for an hour and asked the lady tons of questions and repeatedly told her how much better she was at this than her mom, which I responded "that is odd because it seems like you are much more patient and willing for her....." haha..... I could tell she felt important and enjoyed every minute of it........

Here is her $10 super-cut red carpet do.......

Checkity checking herself in the hand held mirror and every mirror that she came in contact with after that......the rear view mirror....the entire way home and then every single mirror in our house until it was time to leave for the dance.....I think she liked it.
Ta-dum......Mom she kept saying take one for Grandma - I promised her on the phone today....
Our Baby girl not looking so much like a baby anymore.....
Cue the closeup......

Now even more than the hair she couldn't get over the shoes......she begged.....she pleaded.....she talked about how grown up they were and how much they looked like Moms......but also saying to me don't even think about borrowing them......
There is a whole lot of something behind that smirk.......God help us!

If you didn't guess.....sequins were the theme! The shiner the better!
Dad and his girl.....
Brooke and Luci getting ready to head out....
Some neighborhood shots.....
And off they go......to dance the night away....


No comments: