Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinocchio.

Brady has earned a new nickname……and it it Pinocchio! I tell you what he is going to be a candidate for Rhinoplasty if this continues. This kid o’ ours I honestly don’t even think he knows he isn’t being truthful, he just says the first thing that comes out of his mouth even if it is the EXACT opposite of what he is doing…… Sometimes I just feel like it is pure lazyness and he will say whatever this person wants to hear so he can me on his way of what he was doing......So we did sit down and watch Pinocchio and try to explain why he shouldn't lie, or at least show some guilt or remorse if he does, he claims he is nothing like Pinocchio because he already is a real boy with real skin and a little nose....oh boy is he EVER! Here are some cases in point that bring us to some deep breathing and mouthing OMG a few hundred times.


M – “Brady go wash your hands for dinner”
B – “I did”
M – “When?”
B – “Just now.” As he hasn’t moved from the spot where I first told him to wash his hands.


His teacher wrote me an email saying he fell off his chair and bumped his head in class today. Brady told me he didn’t must have been the other Brady.

M – “what special classes did you have today?”
B – “Gym and Art”
M – “What did you make in Art?”
B – “nothing mom you don’t make art in Music class”

B - “I am super full I can’t fit anything else in there, there is no way I can eat this chicken roll up, I am full up to my neck”
M – “oh that’s too bad I will have to have to make those caramel apple slushies and eat them by myself”
B – “Well I have room for that it’s slippery.”


M – Brady go up and get your jams on and brush your teeth
B – Okay
M – 10 minutes later when I get upstairs – Brady why don’t you have your jams on and your toothbrush is still dry.
B – I do have them on (still standing in jeans and a shirt)
M – and your teeth?
B – I dried the toothbrush off on the towel.

M - Brady what is in your mouth?
B - Nothing
M - Did you forget Mommy see everything
B - no way you do not have eyes on that side of your head
M - Brady take the paper and plastic figurine out of your mouth
B - I did
M - Brady?
B - looks away and spits a wad of paper and a plastic figuine out of his mouth.
B - I still don't think you have eyes back there.

So as you can tell there is still some hand holding and directing of traffic with this little wooden boy. The whole Gepehetto family knows he understands the difference between truth and fiction but to get him to focus and hone up to what is actually currently happening.....well I am still hoping to "believe" it will happen one day but until then we just call him Pinocchio when he gets caught in a lie and it usually sets him straight because of course it gets his goat when now his sister plays along too! He's lucky he has a smile that will melt you.........

No comments: