Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweetheart Swirl - 2012

Brooke and Dad attended another daddy/daughter dance a few weeks ago, and my most proud moment wasn't when she walked out the door with her dad to dance the night away but rather on our shopping excursion to find "the dress" She of course twisted my arm and requested that we go see what kind of dresses were out there, I complied, shopping for dresses.....I am in. We headed to the mall found some awesome dresses, I told her they had to be age appropriate. She understood. Some she would try on and she would say this is too Nicole and inappropriate (meaning Nicole Scherzinger from X-factor not you coco.) she was making good choices and then she finally found one and fell in love with it. I did as well since it was on the 75% off rack. We took it to the counter and the lady said that will be $45. I looked at the lady and said isn't it 75% off she told me it must have been misplaced on the wrong rack. I saw Brooke's eyes go sad but she just looked at me and said "Mom, that is too much money to spend for one night, even if I used it for dress up" I replied "Yeah I think your right, hon." (insert proud money management mom moment) She was bummed but she agreed it was the right thing to do. The next week she came home with a bag after playing at our next door neighbors house and said "Mom you'll never believe the bargain I found" "Bargain...okay I am all ears" "Ms. Nikki said she had some extra dresses that I could look through to borrow for the dance and one of them looks kinda like the one I wanted to get." "Wow Brooke that was really nice of her, so do you like it" "Yes I love it, and the best part Mom, is it is FREE" (insert second proud accountant mom moment.) So off she went to the dance with her Free borrowed dress from Luci to dance the night away with her dad.

Beautiful and economical.


Brooke and her Date.



Group picture with Luci and Hannah.

This year the dance gave the girls a pearl bracelet.








No comments: