Monday, January 02, 2012

Welcoming 2012!

Another year is behind us. And I would have to say it was a good year! Kids continually make us proud and can't wait to see what another year brings......We laid low again this year and it seems to work out just great......Chris and I figure we only have about 5-7 more of these where they won't be begging us to be somewhere else with other people so we are taking advantage of it while we can. We had a neighbor family over for a low key night of crab legs and games.....

Brady seemed to understand what the holiday was for this year instead of just another gathering.....he was listening intently all day to his sister bragging that they could stay up until Midnight if they wanted tonight and even watching his 8 year old sister lay down for a nap in preparation for the event......I am sure he was confused as I didn't require him to rest since I didn't even consider him staying up as he is always my early bed time man.....but low and behold we were at some neighbors and noticed it was 10:30 and he was still going BANANAS and we thought - wow he just might make it.....and I could see he wanted to keep up with the older kids as well as his big sister.....

Crab legs for some......Pizza for others.....Tomato....TOEmato......


Okay the kid bubbly was out of hand it was as if these kids would not go on breathing without another cup of the sparkling grape wonder - so between four kids they downed I think 5 bottles.....

So here is my bugs at 11:30 and finally realizing he was going to make it......So as we turned on the orange figure that resembled Dick Clark for the final countdown I had to look away, not because of the extreme orange-nish but to watch my boys face sitting on his dad's lap seriously grinning from ear to ear as he shouted 10....9....8...7...6....5.....4....3....2......1 I MADE IT! It was a sight I will remember!
Earlier in the night there was lots of dancing and gaming happening!

Next year I will just hook up an IV drip for them.....
Getting ready for the countdown!

So happy he was a part of it.....but also so happy he was done with it.....He stayed like this until 10 a.m. the whole Munson household SLEPT until 10 am......A FIRST!!!!


No comments: