Friday, April 27, 2012

Take me out to the ball game........

Last weekend we took the kids to their first Detroit Tiger game. 
Such is the days of "buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks" 
Luckily every Sunday is "Kids Day" and the seventh inning stretch song  last Sunday went more like......."Take me out to the ball game , take me Hockeytown for lunch, let me ride the carousal and Ferris wheel, I don't care if they paint my face, cuz it's root root root for the Tigers.....If they don't win it's okay... because I stuffed my face with some cotton candy and ran the bases......at the ol' ball game!" There wasn't much not to like for these kids and Kids Day also means everything I mentioned was FREE so there wasn't much I didn't like about it either!

It was great to see the "three" kids fired up about going!
Our First Trip to Comerica Park - 2012.
Lunch at Hockeytown.


Our two little tigers at the ol' ball game.
The lady taking the picture sort of forgot to get the giant tiger in the picture.....So this is the Munsons on a paw.

So in between the carousal........

The face painting......

The Ferris Wheel.......

We actually did watch some baseball......The kids were really into the count and the scoreboard and they both actually asked a ton of questions so Chris was in his glory explaining the game.

of course while stuffing our faces with sugar.


Mamma and her cubs.


Afterward we were able to go down on the field so the kids could run the bases (Dad thought this was completely unfair.......he wanted to be out there too!)


There they go.....probably at top speed in order to avoid PAWS.

All in all a fine day in the "D"!








No comments: