Tuesday, April 17, 2012

un-"fork"-givable.

The prank push and pull with our next door neighbors continues to happen. Luckily enough we were home during spring break and they were not (insert sinister laugh here). I knew it was an opportune time to make something happen, but little did I know I would receive such help (not sure if that is a good thing or bad – I am sure they will all be willing to help retaliate too!) So we tried to come up with something creative and even broke down and Goggled “neighbor pranks” (amazing what you will find on the internet) anyway we finally decided on one that is semi harmless (we have to be careful since our neighbor may be one to not know how to draw a line in the sand) This year was fun just because it was tame enough to involve the kids and boy did they have a BLAST! It was kind of scary as I had Brooke round up some help, she didn’t get her full sentence out and these kids (and adults) were like “Yes we are in!”

So we “forked” them. That’s right I headed to Costco and bought 500 plastic forks that would be placed in their lawn before they came home. I scheduled a full morning to have this happen and we had so many helpers and hands the kids had the forks in the ground in a matter of 15 minutes!

They were not to come home until the next day. But what harm could any weather do to a plastic fork? Well apparently I hadn’t thought it through. Chris came home from his run the next morning and says “guess what you have been sabotaged” I of course thought he was joking until Brooke ran outside and comes running back screaming “MOM THEY ARE ALL GONE” Are you kidding me not one single fork left…..now who got forked? Me.

But I wasn’t going down without a fight, Brooke and I hopped in the car and combed the neighborhood but found nothing. We found out later it was some teenagers thinking it was a good idea and took them for their own prank. So back I went to Costco and purchased 1,000 forks! I was not going to be beat at my own game. So this time we got confirmation on what time they would be arriving home and we put my little sweatshop workers to it a few hours prior to arrival and in the daylight!

What I had not anticipated was for them to arrive home while our family was at a friend’s Easter egg hunt. Yup you guessed it – Rob thought Fork this, and all the forks ended up back in my yard upon our arrival back home.

I think I am done Forking. Just like Rodney Dangerfield I get no respect…..don’t they know I ended up cutting their lawn and practically aerating it for the spring? Ungrateful.



The dogs were even up for it....they got some belly scratches for free!
Welcome home!

Hard at work!
Adults too!




1 comment:

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

Seriously, you kill me! Hilarious!! And you are such a great story teller. I think you are in the wrong business.