Friday, January 18, 2013

I told you I would use it......

I am speaking of the pasta maker that I HAD TO register for our wedding, because of course I was going to provide a homemade cooked meal for my husband every night. Chris thought it was ridiculous when we registered for it, he also thought it was ridiculous when we shipped it from Illinois out to Colorado, and then back to Michigan without it leaving the box.  Each spring when we would do the cleaning/purge thing it would always come up for discussion and my reply was the same each time "No, I love homemade pasta, I will use it, I swear."  So until last week and 14.5 years after I scanned it's little bar code this machine has sat in the box on the tippy top shelve collecting dust waiting for me to make due on my promise, that I would in fact use it. 2012 was the year!
 
See nicely stored away outta reach for 14 years.
 
I laughed as I drew artwork into its thick dust. So why you ask? Why was I so adamant about saving this machine? I guess I just had fond memories of growing up and making it with my mom. I loved the process of it. Rolling the dough, cutting it, hanging it to dry. And really as a pasta lover the taste is far beyond a store bought box. I was hoping my kids would enjoy it just as much. 
 
They did.....They kneaded.....
They rolled......
 
They cut......
 
We made skinny and fat noodles....They both liked the fat ones better.
 
Hung to dry for the day......
 
I never got a picture of the final product after all the work.....but we did like the Italians do and
Mangiamo!!
I hope I don't wait another 14 years to do it again!!
 

1 comment:

Mama Meade said...

You can make me homemade pasta!