Sunday, February 17, 2013

January.

In an attempt to catch up on all things that were January.....I realized just how behind I am and how busy we continue to be. So here is what we spent the last month or so doing.....
 
Sledding with cousins.
 

Removal of hardware and completion of phase one orthodontic plan.
Cashing in on some fun Christmas gift cards......Brooke shared her pottery painting one with her brother who concocted this.....
Participated in crazy hair day at school.
Continue to shovel the ice rink for hours until our neighbor just let us know they have a snow blower and have since graduated to that with all our snow fall as of late.
 
Night time skating parties....

 
After school skating play dates...
Participated in Winter sports......Brooke loves indoor soccer, even more than outdoor she proclaims.

She continues to hustle and enjoys both offense and goalie at times....
Brady also joined in on indoor soccer this year.
He's a bit of a cherry picker still....but has his moments on defense.

Those lil' chicken legs have some gas in them when they choose to.....
Brooke also tried basketball for the first time this winter, and seems to be really enjoying it. It's fun to watch her learn something new.
She takes the man to man defense to heart. Literally won't leave her girl she sticks to her like glue, even when she is on offense, again still learning.....we will get there.
 
Just try and get past me......
 
Oh no you don't......
The dribbling is a bit high and uncontrolled but practice makes perfect. These poor girls (insert short Munson) have to shoot on 10 ft. rims so most of the play is within 2 ft of the basket.

We took advantage of a Friday snow day when mom is home and hit the slopes.
 
Oh yeah and I almost forgot......
 
I TURNED 40!!
 
Chris and I spent the weekend downtown Chicago celebrating. We shopped, ate everything in site, went to a show, went to the signature room at the top of the Hancock building, and managed to hobble around the city with Chris' injury.
We saw Blue Man Group, very interesting, and very different from what I expected.
we were in the splash zone seats and then got to meet the guys after.
Oh and then I was lucky enough for this guy to come and sing to me at work in front of 50+ patients and 30+ co-workers.......for not one but THREE whole songs of good ol' fashion country music and dancing. It was horrible! He continually asked me to sing and dance with him, I told him I normally would but since it is 10 AM (yes 10 AM and only a orange juice under my belt) and for the fact that I don't know one country song, and his colone drenched body suit was making me nauseous, I declined. Imagine that. So as you can guess I have now nominated myself to be the head of all birthday planning party committees and everyone who is close to a milestone birthday at work will rue the day they ever crossed me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I mean I did end up with a signed 4x6 what more could I ask for.
 
So I am really EM "BRACING" turning 40, LITERALLY this is what came in the mail as I rounded the midlife corner......are you kidding me. Timing was impeccable. In all honestly I am really fine with it, as an accountant,I round up and have been calling my self 40 ever since I turned 35, I am healthy happy and looking forward to the next decade of my life and that trip to Costa Rica that we want to make happen!
And that my friends was January.

No comments: