Monday, April 08, 2013

The Big 4-0!

Another one bites the dust.
Chris was the next fallen solider in the long string of 40 year olds we will know this year! So about two months ago I went to work, planning a surprise party, looking into weekends away however Chris revised all my plans as he told me numerous times he didn't want any big hub bub and just wanted to hang out with the kids. So I granted his wish (well kind of) we headed out to dinner with some friends, inhaled a large meal and then drove him over to a trampoline park to tell him he was about to play dodge ball with all his friends. (I figured if I incorporated a sport into the surprise it would fly) He just looked at me with a pained look and said "why would you let me eat my face off like that if you knew I was going to be jumping all night?" my reply?
"What are you 40? come on it will be a challenge!"
 
Here we are finishing "eating our faces off"

We all suited up and got our game faces on.....

game on......
There was a lot of time spent falling.....
as well as catching our breath.....40 becomes apparent quickly when you jump for a hour straight.
But they tried to endure.....

It was just as fun to watch as it was to play.

Man down....
I just like this one because there is zero activity except for a random giant leap from Rob.
Folks got into into it, sweatbands on, tramp shoes to boot, and then there is this guy......who really made an effort.
We couldn't let the boys have all the fun.....
We gave it what we had but lets be honest throwing against these boys we were never one of the last ones standing.
Again random jumping by one person....what is with those Damuths?
It was a great way to get some aggression out after a long day at work!
I am going to assume that grin means he was okay with the surprise.
Took a break to do some slam dunks...

Got to catch our breaths a bit and talk with old friends after at Gippers.
Happy Birthday to my 40 year old husband, I tried to comply with your wishes but I just knew dodge ball was so much up your alley that I couldn't ignore it!
I did make good on his other request, spending time with his kiddos. We got outta town for the weekend and enjoyed a water park with the kids.
The kids couldn't have been happier that Dad was getting old!
This was a gift in itself, Brady braved all the slides on his own, and was able to swim without mom and dad being in constant panic mode!
Happy as pie.
no words needed.
The toilet ball was their favorite....I think Chris and I were dizzy by the end of the day from swirling constantly in this with them.
The hotel had activities every hour to join in on....cookie decorating......

Roping classes.
Got em.....
caffeine breaks for exhausted water logged mom and dads.....
face painting.

and bull riding.....
yea haw......Brady hated me being on it, he thought I was going to get killed.
Brooke gave it a whirl and did great!
Back for round two on the toilet bowl....

hanging on for dear life....


line dancing with my little guy.
Thanks for joining me on the ride down the hill. Happy Birthday Hubbie!

No comments: