Thursday, December 05, 2013

Concerts

We have been fortunate enough to see some really good concerts lately. And with Chris treating it like it's his J.O.B. there are some fun pictures to share.
 
The troops grabbing a bite to eat before we head to the Palace to see Pink!
There aren't many concerts that I would bother making the logistics happen on a random Wednesday to go to Detroit, coordinate child care, after school activities, homework, etc... but this was one of them. She is one of my favorites, and as much as I dreaded work Thursday morning I can honestly say it was worth every ounce of caffeine I had to pump in my veins all day. To date one of the best concerts I have seen.
Pink.
I could talk for hours about how great this show was, I will admit I have a bit of a girl crush on her, but as "pop" as most would think she is she is really more....a whole lot more. I am not afraid to say I love her music, but that is only half of it, her athleticism and stage presence are undeniable. Okay enough I think you get my point, here are some great pix we got from being married to Mr. Ticketmaster and all his tricks.

Okay one more boast to her - this random egg cage was flying across the stadium and not one person was anchored down or attached to it, as she hung straight off of some guys arms above a sea of her fans, I made a promise to do more push ups.


I don't think I have seen someone "truly" enjoy themselves on stage as much as her!

The next one was a treat too, I was more excited for him (the opening band) than I was the main act. I was a fan from the moment he stepped onto the American Idol stage and I still am and not embarrassed to admit it. Phil Phillip's was great and completely entertaining, it was neat to see the pawn boy in action.



John Mayer was the headliner and as talented as a guitar player as he is, he lacks in stage presence and and crowd enthusiasm..... I guess I am the gal who wants all the bells and whistles thrown out, for the price of these tickets that you have to pay I want more than someone just standing behind a mic glued to the floor.
So I diverted my annoyance for his stage show and concentrated on enjoying his odd facial expressions the whole night.






No comments: