Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I'm just a bill....

 
I was able to join Brooklyn on her trip to the Capitol. Not having grown up in Michigan, it was just as fun/interesting to me as it was to the kids. But the whole day I couldn't get this little ditty out of my head? Anyone else remember the Schoolhouse Rock song....I'm just a bill?
I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will
But today I am still just a bill
So while Brooke and all her classmates were singing Katy Perry and Taylor Swift on the bus I gently jammed along to my schoolhouse rock tune.
 
 
 
Brooke adn Maggie....
Girls happy to be off the bus and heading to the Capitol.

The govenor's office.
Trying really hard to pay attention to the facts that were being spewed at them.
They actually got a chance to meet the Senator, and go down on the Senate floor, since he found out we were from GR. It was pretty cool and the kids thought they were getting something special. Brooke looks like she is actually paying attention!
Mrs. Bedi's fourth grade class and Senator Hilldenbrant.
Its actually a beautiful builiding all hand painted .
This is what the kids were looking up at in the previous picture.
House of representatives floor.
Can't be all legislation, we ended the day with a trip to the Michigan museum
Thank you....Thank you very much......(hopefully spoken in Elvis voice)

No comments: