Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Love/Hate Relationship

The recorder.

I definately had a love hate relationship with this small green noise maker.
I loved that I never had to "force" her to practice.
I hated that she choose to practice at 7:01 am and every hour after that.
I loved that I never had to challenge her to try for her next belt (level). 
I hated that with each new song there was more playing and practicing and noise.
I loved that she's excited about music and finally hearing songs and melodies that she was playing.
I hated the cringe I felt every time I would hear the first note being whistled.
I loved that she was so care free and tooted this thing with wild abandon.
I hated how my head would pound and my shoulders would tighten every time I heard "oh when the saints go marching"

So when the recorder concert came.
I loved that it was here so it would soon be over.
I hated the thought of 80 kids tooting on it at once.
Surprisingly I loved the way they all sounded together and
I hated that I was such Debbie dower about it the previous six months
But secretly I love that she hasn't picked it up once since the end of the concert. 
I hate that I had to write that.

 Here is Brooke tooting her own horn.






No comments: