Tuesday, November 04, 2014

We'll be back every year......

That's what we said when we left 11 years ago. And 11 years later this was my first trip back to a place we called home for about six years. Chris had a work trip to get back for and I was lucky enough to join him in our old stomping grounds - Boulder. All we could talk about before we left was where we were going to eat. We carefully mapped out each meal at all out favorite spots. We had a great time and quickly got reminded of why we were out there so long, there is so much to love. But in some respects it seems like that was a chapter long ago and we are thankful we got a chance to experience it but feel like or lives back "home" is where we are happy to be now (as long as we can get back to visit!) 
 
There is so much growth I hardly recognized things but then some things look exactly the same.
For example the view from Chataqua Park.
We drove directly from the airport to here.
Still good.

I got to meet up with my long time pal, Julie and catch up for the day that Chris had to work.
The minute his "work stuff" was over it was game on doing all our old activities....
Boulder creek canyon.

For the little color that  the trees have, it was beautiful.

Red Rock Park.
We finally tried the world famous Boulder Tea House after 11 years of thinking it was too fancy for us....and it still might be.....
We toured and checked in on our old residences....

We hit Pearl Street mall - still one of my favorite places to stroll and people watch.

Let's be honest this might have been the number one reason that I decided to come. I feel like I have missed it and hyped it so much since being gone, but it did not disappoint. So much so that I went back again by myself for seconds, while Chris was in his meeting.


Still as good as it was 11 years ago!
All the eating we had planned we tried to compensate with some outdoor movement. The altitude proved that I have been away for quite some time.



We biked the boulder creek path.....


We watched the tigers fall out of the playoffs.....that's Chris' "grin and bear it smile"
 
Goodbye Boulder....hope it won't be another 11 years.

No comments: