Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Night walker....

Brady has finally discovered his new found freedom of the big boy bed - it took him a good month but he has finally realized he can get out of it if he wants to and wonder about......Most of the time it is after nap or in the morning (he hasn't yet refused to sleep) he just gets up when he is done and says here I am......
This getting out of bed thing - I am okay with it - I refuse to shut his door, I want him to know he can come get us if he needs us...... I am sure it will be an adjustment for both of us now that he has learned the art of escaping, but I can handle it especially when it goes like this :
6:30 am there is a random Brady at the side of the bed "Mommy" "come mere" I stumble out of bed still half asleep, he grabs my hand and leads me back to his room where he lays back down in bed pulls me in with him - we spoon and he grabs my hand and places it to cradle his face and falls back asleep for the remainder of the morning.
That I don't mind so much.....

This I do mind......
I was at a neighbors babysitting, Brady was at home snoozing away, Chris came over to the neighbors to relieve me of the late night shift (Grandma was home) Grandma was in the basement when she heard some footsteps and then some crying she ran upstairs to find Brady at the back slider door with it open (it was unlocked since we use that to go to our neighbors) yelling Daaadddy Daaadddy. I am not sure if he was sleepwalking or really looking for Dad, but either way thank goodness Grandma heard him and shuffled him back up to bed - I am just thankful he wasn't brave enough yet to head outside and start wondering....ugh the thought. So lesson learned....... we shall now have the castle doors locked at all times.......

This too shall pass........ :)

No comments: