Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nugget update....

Kids are doing well....They just came off of a weekend at "Grammie's" and were in their glory per usual. Brooke spent the night writing letters to us (give this girl a pencil and pad of paper and she is occupied for HOURS!) at any rate she loves to write and is getting the hang of spelling some words - but mostly the letters come back with a lot of squiggly lines and a few words that are legible but make no sense in what she just recited to us, but she knows how to spell them so why not include them...... Some of the memorable writings (restatement's) went like this....
  • "mom dad, please forgive me for not always being good. I try everyday to be good, I love you guys and we all just need to be patient"
  • Grandparents are better than even friends, I love all my grandmas and grandpas, they are so good to me I also adore hospitals and police man.
She is so funny lately and so motherly to her brother sometimes I wonder "Why am I here?" Today she had him reciting her school sentences of the week "now Brady repeat after me...." She is constantly taking surveys and tailing the results as of late - tonight Grandma Munson's cookies that she sent home to us were the latest research project.... "now mom do you like the dough or the chips better" "do you like them hot or cold" "what is your favorite type of cookie?" etc etc
etc... That is about it with the Brookie - she is doing well at school we just went to teacher conferences last week and confirmed every gut feeling we had she is a total teachers pet and if she could hire her as her assistant she would! :)

Brady man is doing fine too....he continues to follow his sister around and be her constant shadow. However on Friday mornings Brady steps out on his own to be the big man on campus. He is enrolled in a gymnastics class that is "just for him". I think he really digs it - I don't know if it is because he actually likes what they are doing or if because he is just doing it. He has accompanied his sister on plenty of her activities but now he has main stage. He talks and asks if we are going to "gym" or "jeeim" every day and then of course when we actually get there we still have to go through the 10 minute shy warm up routine - but I think he is getting more use to the teacher where I didn't have to assist him on the beam and the bar last week - he is slowly opening his trust to her and that is fun to see! Here are some photos of Bart Conner himself......

Downward Dog anyone?
Geronimo......

Letting Miss Terri give a helping hand - this would have never happened two weeks ago!

Ummm how am I supposed to get down?

No comments: