Sunday, November 02, 2008

"There's no place like Halloween night......"

I have changed my views on the election, I am now voting for whomever can move "Halloween" night to Friday night every year - This year was so much fun and I am not sure what to attribute it to, there were many factors.....
#1. I think it was because it honestly was on a Friday night - there was no school that day, I didn't work and there was no "rush" to be anywhere.......
#2. I think it was probably the nicest weather I can remember on a Halloween night in the Midwest.
#3. Both my kids were INCREDIBLY into it.
#4. Even when the kids were tuckered in - it was still Friday night and the adults could still enjoy the festivities around a bonfire.
At any rate it was a very nice holiday, enjoying it more and more as the kids get "into" the process of costumes and the nights events. What a year makes for the lil man, last year he was just a wad of fur stuffed in a wagon along for the ride - this year he was SO much more into it than I could have imagined. He is our shy one, so I thought he would be stricken by some of the music and decorations a lot of the houses had, but he wasn't phased by it, he watched his sister and he totally GOT IT. He hit about 3o houses and was always about 5 steps behind his sister, but tried as hard as he could to keep up. When 8:30 rolled around he finally gave in asked to sit in the wagon and just looked up at me and said "home, sleep".
Brooke was loving life, but really liked helping out the little ones this year, it was nice to see her slow down for them and include them! She is turning out to be quite the mother hen....I have already heard some comments from her teacher that should make conferences interesting this week .....
Anywho.....we had a great night and got lots of candy .... and even MORE pictures so Enjoy.....

Our very own Dorothy and Blues Clues!

Brooke wouldn't dare sit down on the grass she was so nervous that it would get wet or dirty .....
She LOVED this costume and so did I I reveled in the fact that she picked this and not some Hannah Montana or some Cheetah Girl costume!

Were not in Kansas anymore!


Brady would just yell to everyone "behlues chlues" it was a mouthful for him, but you could never get sick of hearing it!
I had to include this one just because Chris thought it looked like at any moment her head was going to start sadistically spinning and smoke would be coming out her ears in some poltergeist manner.

I got to volunteer at Brooke's school for her Halloween party, it was fun and she was so proud to show me around her classroom...
These kids are seriously spoiled as they have a sit down feast in order to fill their bellies with lots of bread to soak up all the sugar at a neighbors house prior to trick or treating.
Dorothy ran into Handy Manny while out and about...The group photo gets a little more impossible every year.

There is no place like home.....
Dorothy and Cinderella having a moment.
This was Brady Bugs first attempt at trick or treating and the big dude went all by himself.....look at Blue go on with his bad self! So proud!
Give me a V-dot the I curve the C - t-o-r-y....Are you kidding me all I have to do is say "teet" and I walk away with this.......Ummm yeah I am in!Getting dark out and not slowing down for a minute!Come on Cinderella.....Were off to see the Wizard .....the wonderful Wizard of Oz!
I am dunzo...this kid walked straight into the house straight to his room, said "jammies" and crawled into bed......I couldn't ask for an easier kid at night.

No comments: