Monday, January 19, 2009

The end of an Era......

And no I am not talking about the Bush administration......I am talking about Chris' beloved KISS Room. It's coming down (temporarily until the Plastic Toy era comes to a close) and I am not sure why I am a bit more sad than Chris? Yes yes I have mentioned for about 4 years that that space would be a perfect "play/toy area" but I never specifically asked for him to remove it....I like that he is semi obsessed and can actually own this many items relating to one thing and the kids have grown to love the "music room".


So randomly on Saturday Chris made the announcement (after a neighbor donated a EXTREMELY large toy to us) and started taking stuff down and in a weird twist of fate we both started arguing for one another's case.


me: "it is silly for you to own all this and not do anything with it" "it is a perfect room for all your stuff that you like to do at night etc..." "where are you going to put it all - please just leave it in there"


Chris "it just makes more sense for all the toys to go back there, the kids can have their own space (haha like EVERY space isn't theirs!)" "we can paint, hang things up, build shelves etc"


It was a weird case of Bizzaro world.


So tomorrow, (the 20th) we will have a moment of silence for Paul Stanley's birthday (I know I shouldn't know that!) as he is laid to rest into plastic storage boxes, bubble wrapped, and entering hibernation until someday (i just know) he will grace our walls and shelves again.


So a tip of the hat to you four masked creatures..... thanks for taking one for the team and alleviating some space. You will be remembered and sorely missed....but I am just not quite sure by whom???




This isn't goodbye......










No comments: