Friday, December 10, 2010

A new Tree-dition?

I have finally convinced my husband to add a THIRD Christmas tree to our decor...I know its a bit over the top but I just feel like I want to experience the season no matter what room we are in, and more often than not we are in our basement now a days and our other two trees have permanent residences elsewhere. So the "live" tree was the bait.......You see I have always had artificial and saw nothing wrong with it.......but Chris speaks of the smell, the needles, the fire hazards......so he bit. We went out to a tree farm grabbed a saw and picked up the smallest Charlie Brown tree we could find. I can see the tradition and the appeal. Brooke cut the tree and found out that the sawing is harder than it looks. Brady had found more appeal in riding in the car with the hatchback door open and bunging the bad guys. I was excited to tie it down on our roof and sing fa la la la la all the way home but the thing was so small Chris picked it up from end to end and it fit in our trunk......so much for the June Clever moment..... Maybe we will replace the articificals one by one, but I can only imagine the anxiety it would cause Mr. Vacuum to have three real trees leaving needles EVERYWHERE :)..so for now we have our first tiny real tree where we can feel the Christmas spirit in the basement.






No comments: