Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bridging....

Brooke had her first bridging ceremony. I didn't know what it was either, however I quickly learned it is the ceremony where the Daisy's "bridge" over to the next level, Brownies. They each get to read lines as part of the ceremony to determine what values they learned as a Daisy and what it means to become a Brownie. She was really excited to move to the next level, because if you know Brooke she is ALWAYS excited to move to the next level and prove that she is older and one step closer to all the older kids she looks up to so much, along with the real bonus they get to loose the smock and wear the SASH, next year! I on the other hand demand for all this "bridging" to stop! I am not ready for her to continually get older and always have to be moving to the next level, especially at the speed that it seems to be happening. All of a sudden my Daisy has left the building and I have a Brownie and an almost second grader on my hands, how did that possibly happen so fast? Yikes! But as this is only one thing in a sea of many that I will not be able to control when it comes to my kids, I at least can sit back and watch and be proud as they advance to the next great thing........


Brooke her last day as a Daisy.....

Brooke and a classmate no doubt planning their upcoming mock rock performance (its all we talk about right now.....song selection, dance moves, rehearsal times......oh vey!)

Her Troop!


The Girl Scout Law......




This one you may have to turn the sound way up......they got a bit quiet when it was time to read their lines....




Apparently a timeless classic as each and every mom sang along and the girls all questioned us later ....."Mom how do you know that song too?"



No comments: