Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Graduate....

It is truly hard to comprehend that I dropped this kid off 4 years ago to his Daycare/Preschool......




There were plenty of anxious feelings over the years: Are they feeding him what he needs? Is he sleeping enough? Did I remember to bring diapers? I miss him! Are the providers caring to him? Is he making friends? I miss him! Is he starting to talk? I miss him! How will the transition to the new room go? Does he know his letters and numbers? Is he participating? I miss him! Does he miss me? Is he kind to his teachers and friends? Is he a leader? Is he a follower? Does he come home happy? I miss him.



And now 4 years later I am staring this straight in the face and just can't believe it.........




Because YES he did eat enough. He did sleep enough. I sometimes remembered to bring diapers. The providers were caring to him. He did make friends. He did start to talk. The transitions to the new rooms were fine. He does know his letters and numbers. He does participate He is kind to his teachers and friends? He surprisingly is a leader. He did come home happy. Finally, I did miss him every single second of every single day, but as I watched him grow and flourish each and every day he went, I was okay with missing him, and he was okay with it too. However, I never once hated picking him up and hearing his high pitch scream go "MOOOOOMMMMMM" and do a running dive hug EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

I am so grateful to this school that gave him a happy loving environment that I never worried about him in (albeit that I was within 10 steps of the building) for the last 4 years. It is bittersweet as he goes through graduation and will no longer be across the parking lot from me but in elementary school, but I think he is ready, he has broken out of his shell this year, become the class clown, loves his new desk in his room and requests to do homework often.......so as much as it pains me ......gulp .......I think he is ready. So our hats off to you bugs......congrats on moving to the next step.

Receiving his diploma from his teachers.......

His pencil box gift was green......awesome!

Remember what I said about being the class clown.....

Oh yeah and the class Pirate.....Ahoy Mate...

One happy boy with a face I could eat.....

Finally, Mom and Dad trying to hold on to what ever little four year old we have left.....literally look at me grasping him to take the picture....haha.




No comments: