Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Florida Five Day Mini Series - Day 3 - Hollywood Studios!

Our first Disney park was "Hollywood Studios". We got there as the park opened and didn't leave until it closed. The kids were crazy on the go and soaking it all up. The crowds were amazing, didn't wait more than 15 minutes for a ride so that was a huge payoff for the heat wave we endured. The park was great, honestly it was a lot less overwhelming than I expected it. The kids were fine walking the entire thing, things weren't as spread out as I imagined. So it was fun, we bought our tickets, got our first timer buttons and headed on in to let the magic hit us smack dab in the face!



Grass Mickey: luckily for us this was as close to the characters as my kids wanted to get......MOM: "Hey Brady there is Buzz over there you want to get an autograph or picture?" Brady: "Why would we wait in line for a picture when we can go ride more rides?" Dad and Mom thinking silently: "YES, BLESS YOU!" BROOKE: "Mom I don't get it... why would girls wait all that time to just stand with a princess? Don't they know its not really them?" HaHa..... The despise of the dressed up human didn't even falter in the Magical world of Disney......That's my girl! So my homemade autograph books went empty until a little tic tac toe happened on the plane.






Kids and Sorcerer Mickey....






This was their favorite ride here - Toy Story. It was interactive so they both thought it was the greatest ever.....




The night before we were reading a book about Hollywood Studios and I was explaining to Brady that you get to see and meet the Power Rangers, well short of exploding Brady was ready for his moment. Little did I know that the book was from 2009 and yup no more Power Rangers......So he saw some guy with a PR face paint and said that would be better anyway....good. So the kids got face painted.......That will be $35 please?!$%^ are you kidding me.....now I know I am supposed to be in the mystical magic land that is Disney but I am not going to lie I could not turn my accountant brain off. Not so much for the fact that I minded spending the money, more for the fact that I couldn't stop tabulating what kind of cash flow was churning in this place in every nook and cranny.....I mean if I had my ten key with me I would have been in hog heaven. And we were there at the lowest season. Unbelievable.

Here is Brooklyn's face paint....a glitter star is born.



Brady's Red Ranger, check.



Now what we didn't really think through or anticipate was that is was a sweltering 90 and humid as all get up.....so this awesome face paint pretty much melted off within minutes.....lesson learned.





We laughed so hard because Brady would forget he had it on rub his face constantly bump into people when he was walking, and this was a strangers shirt that was the victim of Brady's power ranger face.......whoopsie......



We watched the Disney Rocks show with music from all of Brooke's favorite shows.



This was me after the stupid star wars ride.......it was as if someone dumped a bottle of water all over me as I experienced some wicked pre- nausea sweat......lets just say dad went this one alone next time......


Brady in the Honey I shrunk the kids yard........


Brooke and Dad somewhere in San Francisco.



Walking the streets o' Disney......



This was the 3-D Toy Story ride.


Green Army Guy!


The tower of Terror.......Brooke chickened out because she knew what it was all about, but bless Brady's heart he had no idea what he was stepping into.....its a ride that drops 13 stories......Luckily Chris took him on it because when I swapped out with him (how cool is it that you can do that and not wait in line again!) and rode by myself and pretty much grabbed a complete strangers leg out of surprise and fear.....all I could think of the whole time is "I am so glad I didn't ride this with my delicate flower....." I thought he would be a basket case....but he just walked off and said "Mom that wasn't my favorite ride, I don't need to do it again" haha! I wish I could of had a picture of his face when it dropped.



We saw a bunch of shows, Beauty and the Beast being one of them.


Mom and Dad's favorite Ride.....Aerosmith's Rock and Roll Coaster.......


This was a repeat request from the parents!


We sat through and American Idol audition process.....Brooke was in awe....


The family viewing the nighttime Fantasia laser light show.


This was Brady 10 minutes into the ride after a good 12 hours at an amusement park......Out Cold.


Sister followed suit........






Until tomorrow when we do it all again......


No comments: