Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gained Three .......Lost 7........

Our Baby Girl tucked another year under her belt as she turned 8 last week!


Surprisingly this year Brooke passed on a Birthday Party, she requested that all she wanted this year was for her Best Friend, Sydney, from Illinois to come for the weekend. DONE AND DONE! You can only imagine our delight as we traded stuffing goody bags and planning party games for a girl day that Brooke and Syd planned themselves! It must be her maturity showing through, you know now that she is eight and all.


Our first stop was Kootsiers, a kid favorite still, for some fall activities. Luckily the boys were able to scam in on some of the fun!
Her birthday wish - Brooke and Syd.

They painted pumpkins......

enjoyed a hayride......

picked pumpkins.......

acted like silly boys......


Pretty much smiled and laughed all weekend long!

Brooke and Syd snuggling in their jammies, waiting for day number two to start.
Brooke upgraded to a "big girl" bike!


Rollerblades........

Then these two turkeys conjured up a girls pampering day of hair and nails.......Brooke actually came over and said they were going to go get their nails painted and matching haircuts and it was going to be short.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME.......no party and she finally is cutting her mane, something I have been requesting for two years? Whose birthday is this anyway.....sort of felt like mine!
So we went and I am not going to lie I was a bit sad to see it go, because as she sat there and it was combed so nicely it really is beautiful hair, but then I snapped back to reality and remembered that it is a cause of a daily battle for her and I so I quickly got over my sentimental feelings.... I guess I didn't realize just how long it was .......The cut off 7 inches!


Syd getting her do done.....

snip snip snip......


And just like that I got my little girl back..........she looked younger immediately!

The pampering continued as they got their nails painted.......



And feathers in their hair.....

So even if the seven inches that you cut off makes you look younger deep in my heart I know I can't stop you from growing up, you measured another three inches taller on the chart for the year and if that continues we might just have to give you a crew cut next year! Happy Birthday to our not so little girl!




No comments: