Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Lights in the night......

Artprize is in town again and we were able to be part of one of the entries (my favorite so far!), not just us but thousands of people! The idea was to launch an estimated 20,000 lanterns in the air at once. We were lucky enough to send 3 of those 20,000 a float and then just stare in awe at the twinkling site before us....one of the coolest things I have seen in this city! The kids loved being a part of it and Brady still says a week later "mom I think I just saw another lantern" where ever we are(even though he sees nothing)......Luckily they were bio degradable and I believe just disintegrated in the air. As you can see with the crowds and the amount of lighters I was waiting for the inevitable to happen, but we seemed to escape unburned. Here are a few pix....
 
Mom and Brooke picking up our lanterns....
 
Dad launching a few of them..... 
 They get pretty hot as it has to fill up with hot air before it takes off.....
 away it goes.....
 So cool.....
 
The kids soaking up some love in G-RAP! 
 You literally couldn't take your eyes off of it.....
 The following are Chris' photos .....that turned out way better than my own......
 
 Love this one with the bridge!
 
This was mom trying to not light her hand on fire.....
 
 
The pictures are cool but really don't do it justice.....
I found this youtube video that will give you a better idea of how it looked live....
 

1 comment:

Admin said...

Hey thanks for sharing my "Lights in the Night" video! :)

-j