Monday, October 21, 2013

Double Digits!

Brookie is climbing the numbers ladder and hit the double digit milestone! It's such a weird thought that she has been around an entire decade, but then again we look back on baby pictures of her and it does seem like a long time ago that I was dealing with her unmanageable hair or her annoyingly loud screaming (Colic).....oh wait aren't we still doing that? (hair still never gets brushed and her volume, let's just say its not soft)  haha...not much changes except for my baby keeps gets older and older. She is exactly who I imagined her to be as I stared at her for hours on end as a baby. Sweet, smart, feisty, caring, a leader and a definite social butterfly! I am enjoying her as she is getting older, she understands and relates to adults so well that sometimes I have to scale back and think wait, what are we talking about or thinking about doing.... this is my daughter, but she makes it seem effortless and I find I want her joining me more than I say, "No, she's just a kid".

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl.
Having a weekday birthday always makes for a rushed day, but we were able to sneak in a sugary breakfast, deliver her a surprise lunch at school (because for 4 years I have been hearing about how ALL the moms and dads bring their kids special birthday lunches)  I figured as her last year at this school and probably the last year that she won't be mortified that I am standing in the Cafeteria with Jimmy Johns - I would cave, and celebrate as a family at PF'ers (her request) at night.


Brooke opted to forgo a birthday party this year, her request instead was to head to Chicago as a family after sports ended and hit Ed Debevics (she got wind the waitresses were rude on purpose and is automatically intrigued).  Again, ahead of her time, travel & food instead of gifts.....my kinda gal!

I did feel bad that she had to wait until November so I told her to pick a friend and we would go out to jump at Sky Zone for an hour and grab a pizza. Here is her bud Ruthie ready to get their jump on!

Two peas in a pod .......these two are!


Topped off with a pie from "the hut"

Well I caved and brought her lunch, but Chris caved and bought her a bow and arrow. No "you'll shoot your eye out" words were spoken here.  She had tried it at a friends house and really loved it. So our little Katniss Everdeen suited up this weekend. Hold the phone calls supervision rules were a part of the gift too.

Ready, Aim, Fire......
Poppa the house may or may not have a few more dings in it than prior to her birthday!
Happy 10th Birthday to our Brooklyn.

No comments: