Thursday, November 16, 2006

THE END IS NEAR!


Well my maternity leave is coming to an end, and although I was lucky enough to have a large chunk of time with Brady it has gone by surprisingly fast! I have enjoyed every moment with him and can't believe he is over 4 months old! As I return to work this Monday I have mixed emotions......
I will miss the daily routines that I have come accustom to during my leave:
1. Sleeping in until 7-7:30 every morning!
2. Having every day as an open slate.
3. Visiting with friends, lunches, playdates.
4. Scrapbooking on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Brooke is at school) (amazingly enough I am still not caught up! Did I honestly think I would be?)
5. Playing with the kids until their hearts are content.
6. Showering is optional!

On the other hand I look forward to things that this new job will bring:
1. Adult conversation! (beyond talking with hubbie)
2. Getting my brain back in business - I will admit it has become a lil foggy.
3. Accomplishing some work related goals, and hopefully streamling my job to three days a week.
4.Three day weekends!
5. Yoga at lunch.
6. Jimmy Johns which just opened less than a mile from my office!
7. Oh yeah and a paycheck (don't be fooled it really should have been #1 on the list! - isn't it for everyone!)

So Brady, my boy, I will miss you dearly during the day as I ship back out to the real world - but I look forward to you staying home with your Dad and having some boy time. I am sure you are not upset that you will probably be watching sports related stuff instead of Oprah with your Mom! (oh, but we still have Fridays!) :)

No comments: