Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thankful for many things....

Is it me or are the holidays a lot of work? Don't get me wrong I love every thing about each individual holiday but they seem to be getting more hectic each year! I have to say I have no right to be a grinch since I had to do so little in preparation for the Holiday, but as our families grow its just a lot of managing. I think back and wonder how my mom did it for so long, hosting every single holiday in her home for a group of probably about 20! I hope I gain her organization and spirit for the years to come when I no doubt will be hosting the shindigs! So here are a few things I am thankful for this past weekend:
1. A healthy and some what "sane" family.
2. 65 degree weather in November in the Midwest (almost unheard of!)
3. A Turkey day walk on the beach with the kids.
4. All my Christmas decorations and lights are already up! (I am seriously considering being one of those people who leave them up year round just to avoid doing it all over again next year!)
5. Being able to enjoy two turkey feasts and only having to provide an appetizer to each one!
6. While shopping on black Friday, I am thankful Kohls was out of the item we were searching for, hence avoiding the hour long ( I kid you not!) line to check out.....People are nuts!
7. Also shopping on black Friday sans a Toddler!
8. The holiday feasts are subsiding for a few weeks - this body can't take any more desserts!
9. Hopefully creating some traditions with the kids (I apologize now kids my cooking skills are not spectacular!) Don't mind a random stand up of James Arness in the backround - haha.
10. Christmas is only a month away, since I have to explain everyday to Brooke that no today is not Christmas in response to "But Mom you told me Christmas was after Thanksgiving" -- it will be nice when she grasps the concept of time :)

11. A hubbie who randomly thinks he is McSteamy or someone out of GQ....haha

So I hope everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving weekend and good luck with preparing for the next round of Holiday events!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What IS up with creepy James Arness in the background?

mommymunner said...

Ha ha it was randomly Chris' dad's b-day gift - who doesn't need one of those!! Mr. Munson loves gunsmoke!