Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Stanley Cup - GR style.......

Chris has picked up a new sport in 2008 and is IN LOVE with it! He has always expressed interest in playing hockey, but never was able to hook up with a team. This past year he was fortunate enough to join an adult men's hockey league and add "another" sport to be obsessed with :) He ended the season last week and it went something like this.......


it's game 7 of the final series and they are down by 3 or 4 - they finally tie it up and capitalize in the last 30 seconds of the game to win it and become "Wednesday night champions" (bless their hearts that this was the best title they could come up with) for real its even engraved that way.......


Or at least that is what I hear....you see this hockey league is something that I really wasn't able to be part of or witness - the games start at some absurd hour after I have already captured a few hours of zzzzz's so I have to take their word for it as they compare it to the "most incredible game ever" I mean you should have heard the recaps - its as if the 12 spectators were throwing buckets of octopuses on the ice in celebration! Now I am sure if you were to ask anyone of the team members to recap the story it would have been a bit more in depth than mine but the gist of it was they won the league and have quite a season to live up to!

Congrats "Wednesday night guys"

I am just excited Chris is able to get out of the compound and really enjoy something he has always wanted to try! (as long as he promises all original teeth will stay in tact) I mean it isn't the NHL but the WNL (Wednesday night league) I am sure is the next best thing! :)
So hopefully he can recuperate from his high of being a "champion" in order to focus up for Softball!

No comments: