Friday, April 11, 2008

We are all showing our age.....

For some of us its a good thing for others not so much....... Obviously we age everyday, but somehow it has been more apparent lately.....


Hubbie - last two injuries were nothing to be "proud" of one consisted of a sore arm for several days resulting from a extraordinarily hard high five while playing hockey (sorry this one still makes me giggle.....) The other a toe that could barely be walked on from a break dancing mishap. The body is reminding us that we are a year older and it's not as forgiving as it once used to be!



Brooke - She is 4 going on 15 lately....She has become extremely argumentative lately and always looking to get the last word in....It doesn't matter what the subject may be! She is starting to watch "non cartoon" movies, proclaim she is Hanna Montana (after viewing one episode), going to kindergarten visitation.....Sometimes I look at her and think...How did she get that old - and did she really just say that? i.e. "Mom remember the golden rule" when we were battling out some issue (most likely getting her bangs out of her eyes!) We love you Brooke, but stop growing up so fast!


Me -I have never enjoyed a nap more in my life. I was never a big fan of them in my younger years, but given the opportunity I usually won't pass it up, I have had a stiff neck for about 2 weeks now, my bones creak at a volume that is sometimes absurd. I just visited a "retirement community" and really didn't feel all that much out of place :) I have also caught myself saying things in defense to Brooklyn's arguments like..... "Because we are the parents", "Because I am your Mom and I know what is good for you" - I swear another year and who knows perhaps "because you live under my roof, you will live by my rules" will slip out...... I know it's happening.......


Brady - All of a sudden this little boy fills our house with running, jumping, endless hugs and kisses, starting to get territorial with his sister and his things, a definite need to roughhouse, but hasn't let go of his cuddles with mom yet. He has started this hilarious laugh that I can't get enough of, still has an infatuation with any sort of balls (case in point) he will sit in this bucket of balls for hours.....sort of sad - but he is all smiles when he is in it....

Oh an the BEST part is that he is consistently saying Ma and Da to us - we have waited an extraordinarily long time for this but it is music to our ears as he finally is able to say our names! He is still working on Brooke but it will come all in due time!

So we are all aging in our own ways, some better than others in my mind, but still fun to watch all the twists and turns life gives you!

No comments: