Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And off to College she goes......

Brooke had her big young 5/Kindergarten visitation today and someone was a little excited about it! She got to meet her teacher, visit her new classroom, go for a bus ride, meet the kids in her class (which was great, she new some already from her daycare, preschool, & the neighborhood!) So here are some shots of her visitation (yup - I am that mom......) Her mind was running rapid I could tell - some questions/comments that popped up were as follows ......

  • Mom, we need to go to the store "tonight" and buy young five paper - because they probably won't let me do homework on "pre-school" paper.
  • Mom, why are there no seatbelts on this bus?
  • Mom, what if the policeman sees that there are no seatbelts on this bus?
  • Mom, do we still nap in kindergarten?
  • Mom can we "visit" the playground?
  • Mom how will I get to the bus stop? Will it be like paige did?
  • What if it is raining at the bus stop?
  • Will the older kids from our neighborhood be on my bus?
  • Do I start tomorrow?

So as you can see most conversations revolved around the BUS - it was very exciting and new....not sure I could answer her questions of why we practically put straight jackets on our kids in our autos but hey its a bus - throw em' in and hopefully they won't bounce around?? Who knows?? Anyway I am sure it will be a LONG summer of answering "do I go to "real school today?" In a blink of an eye my lil' babe is heading off to school - it is baffling but exciting all in the same breath!





No comments: