Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a decade it was........

The 80's - there really was no better time, at least in my eyes. There was so much going on it was hard to keep up with it all. So to relive some of those precious memories we decided to dedicate our annual theme party to the decadent decade that is so near and dear to many of our hearts.....
I mean really what is not to like

  • Hairdo's beyond comprehension
  • Color pallets that were practically blinding
  • Music that was immeasurable compared to the "****" they try to push onto us today (but really I don't feel strongly about this at all!)
  • Language and phrases that had no relative connection to the English language. (ie "like fer sure that is totally tubular!") how embarrassing....I swear I never said any of those things!
  • Numerous movies that are now considered classics.
  • The innocence of growing up with MTV - I mean really when Frankie said Relax, its not like ANY of us knew what he was talking about

Everything seemed so cutting edge back then! Maybe it is because it is the period of time that I did so much "living" and "growing up" that it seems to resonate so deeply inside me, but seriously if we were to throw a 90's party what the heck would we do - throw on flannels and construction boots and mosh pit???? My point exactly no other decade really has as much pizazz as the 80's - Long live Bon Jovi and Spiral perms.... Okay I digress.....so anyway we had a great time (thanks grandparents for your most appreciated childcare!!) Here are a few photos of the event Kudos to all participants who really "turned that mutha out" with the costumes! I think I have all couples represented......

Chris and I gave props to the Jazzercise and Breakin' fads.


Kelly and Jake posed as a mighty fine Axl Rose and Slash.....Who knew you could buy a "sleeve" of tattoos!
Matt and Tammy paid homage to the NEON colors of the 80's!
Todd and Kelly gave a shout out to the "valley girl" and a uncanny Michael Jackson!
Kirsten and Omar did a nice spin on the high school cheerleader and Miami Vice!
Kahle is still hard to look at with that Mullet and creepy stache, and I might have to "out" Stacy for purchasing an entire outfit at Deb....bless your heart!
Matt and Sarah channeling the homecoming queen and Maverick from Top Gun















































































Rob and Nikki = ghost buster and Madonna (Desperately Seeking Susan version)
Jodi as the quintessential preppy sporting the collared shirts and Maury as Nelson , I think, or a blonde Axl.

Mom I just wanted to show you your moon boots are still going to good use!
Rachel posing as Debbie Gibson and Paul as Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds....
Jeanna as your typical Mall rat and Daryl as "I want to pump you up"
Thanks everyone for putting up with the "required" costumes it truly is an anticipation every year!




1 comment:

Megz said...

Juuussst had to come here and say I haven't gotten tired of these pictures yet.
Not even close.
They're makin the circuit, girl...seriously.
Love the moon boots. Nice touch.