Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Mixed Emotions.......

So everyone has a little bit of Red Wing Feva kicking right now......Husband was able to venture down to game five on Monday with dreams of seeing the Stanley Cup paraded in front of him as his favorite team pulls out a win at home.......But those dreams went up in smoke in the last 30 seconds when the wings couldn't hold on - How do I know this?? I wasn't necessarily at the game but instead I was home alone with a craft room of possibilities and what was I doing???? I was tuned into this stupid game wondering if my husband would be lighting cars on fire in celebration (I think that is what you do in D-town- haha) my crafting abilities are ashamed and embarrassed! I was only able to make it up until the first overtime before I started sawing logs......next thing I hear was the front door opening - look at the clock and it was 4:30 am - Chris was just getting home - so I think ....oh good they won and he got to stay down and celebrate yadda yadda......well come to find out that is just how long 3 OTs take and a 2 hour drive home after that. So here I sit today with mixed emotions, the wings play tonight if they win then great they have won the Stanley Cup and I get my husband back, but if they loose than game seven is Saturday and whadda ya know. Chris randomly has tickets to that game too! So a little bit of me thinks let them just win tonight and lets be done with it......and another part of me thinks I really hope they loose so Chris can have the "once in a lifetime" opportunity to go back to D-town and experience a game seven Stanley Cup game, no matter who wins and perhaps I can use Saturday night to plead my craft room for forgiveness.........

So not sure how to end this other than LETS GO REDWINGS.....I think.....


Just a few shots of the "Wingnuts"


No comments: