Sunday, June 08, 2008

Really at 4? We are in TROUBLE........

So in good ol' Billy Joel fashion Brooke came to us the other day and said "I'm moving out!" She really doesn't care for our "rules" lately and said she wanted to join another family since they probably don't have any........Well after another bout about something totally ridiculous and getting sent to her room she claims "I don't want to be part of this family I am leaving" So Dad said okay see ya pack your bags..... and low and behold she did! There is this lil thing with her Dora suitcase ready to leave town. She came and gave me a Brady and me a hug and said goodbye! As mad and annoyed as we were - you couldn't help but chuckle at this headstrong four year old is thinking she is going to show us up.....The rest of the plot goes as follows......
m: "so where are you going to go"
b: "I'm going to move into Isabelle's house"
m: "nope you can't move into their house they have their own family and their own rules - you can't go to any neighbors houses"
b: "okay fine I will figure something out"
So she heads off into our front lawn and just sits on the rock under our tree - of course Chris and I were peering out the window to watch for her next move. She then comes back to the door and comes in.....
b: "mom do you know any families that don't have two kids or any kids at all?"
m: "nope I sure don't"
b: "okay thanks I'm gonna go again"
15 more minutes back on the rock thinking, thinking.......this is when the plan starts to go south, so she had many things working against her at this point......it was almost 90 degrees and humid out, it was 15 minutes before we eat lunch, and Friday afternoon with everyone out at work and school........so she finally comes back to the door
b: "guys I have made my decision......"
m: "oh yeah whats that?"
b: "I have decided to stay with my family"
D: "and live by our rules?"
b: "yep and live by your rules - even if I don't like them"
Then she continued to give us both huge big bear hugs
m: "welcome home"
So a lot of drama for a four year old - but I think it was worth it she really thought things through and hopefully it will set in a little bit that every family has rules and not everyone likes those rules but we still follow them! But Chris and I are immediately researching local boarding schools..... :)
So two days later I catch a glimpse of the suitcase that was carelessly tossed to the side once we were all reunited......and I was ever so curious to find out what she really packed for herself.......this is what I found.
5 pairs of pajamas
2 shorts
1 scrapbook of her teachers from school that she made (a girl after my own heart!)
no food, no drink, no necessities .....but hey that is what mom and dad are for right???

No comments: