Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Serioulsy - are we on candid camera???

I keep waiting for someone to bop out their head and say "ha your on candid camera" and all this craziness that has been happening will disappear......

6/18/08 - School calls "can you pick Brady up he just threw up everywhere" I proceed to get him 3 minutes later the entire classroom has been evacuated and there is disinfectant everywhere! I go pick up the pool lil guy and he starts doing a gurgle in his throat, I immediately run to the bathroom tripping on a plastic elephant trying to get him over the toilet that is only 3 cm from the ground which is hard to balance while doing in heels....... Take Brady home to have him nap the rest of the day with Dad.

6/19/08 - Brady wakes up after eating a huge dinner, no fever, no sign of any sickness.......so off to school we go.......first sign of Brady "Umm you know you can't bring him today" "oh that is okay he hasn't puked and doesn't have a fever" "We have a policy that there is a 24 hour waiting period" - which yes makes sense when I think about it but I was having different thoughts as I was standing there fully dressed for the day at 8:03 and nowhere to go but home to take a 1/2 a day off to divide and conquer the day with hubbie.

6/20/08 - I am off in court for the day - Chris is home with the kids since we had to do some schedule flopping. I call at one of my breaks to let Chris know that I will most likely be here all day. As he sounds sorta sleepy I ask what's wrong? I just threw up - GREAT. Oh and by the way you have 6 4-year olds coming over for a movie night that I offered to host well before I knew what this week was going to entail or that I would be working.......okay have fun with that.

6/21/08 - Brady decides at 2 a.m. that the only place he will be comforted and fall asleep in if some portion of his skin is touching moms face - NO LIE. I would hear deep heavy snore move him to a pillow next to me - immediately up and whinny until he crawls his sweaty little body over my face and falls fast asleep - ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Chalk up another 4 hour sleep night.

6/22/08 - Everything seems great - until approx 8pm when I feel a tinge of a sore throat.

6/23/08 - Woke up with a wool sweater in my mouth and a mm of a space available for air in one nostril. SWEET. Body achy, eyes watery, nose stuffed........GOOD TIMES - ended up taking the day off work and tried to recoup.

6/24/08 - Home from work due to some rescheduling.......Good times with the kids - both are home that day - 4 pm rolls around and Brooke says her belly hurts her - OH HERE WE GO.....
She pukes and is in bed at 6:54 a FIRST! So as I am putting a WILLING tired girl to bed I think okay Brady goes down in a 1/2 hour - I can go to bed early and shake this head cold.....go down to get Brady see that he is BUTT NAKED and running around dancing which I giggle at the cuteness until i look over and notice that the diaper he pulled off was full of poop - so I immediately have him in the tub and a can of resolve squirted all over my carpet.

SEE WHAT I MEAN - THE CAMERAS CAN COME OUT NOW - THE GIG IS UP YOU REALLY GOT US THIS TIME...........HAHA VERY FUNNY.....

but no cameras, no jokes, just a taste of reality.........

So today was quite stellar - I went to work, kids both went and STAYED at school everything is just ROSES - but I still will not cancel my date with the NyQuil bottle that I am so looking forward to.....

Cheers to a healthy rest of the week.

No comments: