Thursday, July 10, 2008

A big day for my LIL' MAN!

Happy 2nd Birthday Brady Boy! - Wow ALL those people sure aren't lying (it does go really fast!) I can't even believe that you are a straight up Toddler! You had a GREAT YEAR, pretty much all that you have accomplished you have done so this year since the first 12 months you were in a sleepy coma and wanted for NOTHING. Not any more you have awoken and are ready to roll........Things you have embarked on during your second year of life....




  • Giving up the dear ol' Bottle and giving the ol' Vitamin D a whirl


  • Finally lifting that melon enough to crawl


  • Making mom and dad wait an eternity to see you walk.


  • Mastered the Fred Flinstone "twinkle toes" run (come on you all remember when he tried to bowl, Fred that is, when he would tippy toe down the lane - well that is my butterball's run!)


  • Actually eating MORE than just fruit - your a salty snacker like your Mom. You loved Bacon, Salami, chips, crackers - Bring on the Sodium!


  • Playing with your sister - she had been waiting SOOOOO long for this to come about. You pretty much just follow her lead and try to hang with her - I give you credit someday my man the tables will turn just be patient - you won't be playing princess and rocking out to HSM for too much longer.


  • You became OBSESSED with "THE BALL" You love to watch ALL sports, especially your Dad play softball...... My favorite thing that you do is to play "air bat" like some adults (insert Mike Hoehn) like to play air guitar. We will be in the car, at the kitchen table, in the grocery cart and you always swinging your air bat with your hands and making a "bat cracking" sound. Bless your heart!


  • Laid your Binky to rest for Good - we are all proud of you - I never thought it would happen!


  • You love your books and your puzzles


  • You are starting to talk a little - I am sure there will be more to come in the next year! Note - you just gained the term NO one day before your birthday - how appropriate as we enter in what is commonly known as the Terrible Twos! ha.



But honestly terrible or not - bring it on I am ready to see you grow, progress, succeed, live, laugh, learn, it might be more work for mom and dad - but I can't imagine anything more rewarding than seeing my little boyfriend make something of himself. Bugs I LOVE you to pieces and wish the best for you in the next year to come....... mommy.




But I am still baffled at how you went from this.......


to this......




Happy 2nd Birthday Brady!

No comments: